To restore a backup, go to the “menu – Backups“:
You have two different ways to restore:
- From the “Backup history“: you have all the backups info made so far. Click on a history file item to restore it. They can be of several types:
- Automatic in internal memory
- In Google Drive
- In Dropbox
- From the “RESTORE BACKUP” button: from this button a new menu is opened:
- Select file to restore: select the backup file that you want to restore. The file must be in the internal memory of your device.
- Restore from the cloud: if you want to restore a copy that you have stored in the cloud and it does not appear in the backup history, you should download the backup in the internal memory of the device, and then go to the option above “Select file to restore “and select the file you have downloaded.
For the restoration to be done correctly, the app must have read and write permissions on the internal storage memory of your device. This is configured in the Android Control Panel.
If when you select a file to be restored, if after selecting it you will see the name “/document/169” or something like that, then the restoration will not succeed. It is an error that appears on some devices with Android 8 or higher and only on some models. The way to solve it is: go to the “menu – General Settings” and deactivate the box “Use the system file browser“, try the restoration again and it should work.